Carmen Acevedo Vega
From Encyclopedia of English Literature
In 1945 she married Vicente Idrovo Valdivieso, whom she divorced in 1953. They had a son named Luis Galo Idrovo Acevedo.
When she was 16 a few of her poems were published in the magazines 'Ideal' and 'Peru'
Carmen Acevedo Vega was a member of many institutions, including:
- House of Ecuadorian Culture
- Association of Journalists of Guayas
- Association of Journalists of Guayaquil
- National Confederation of Journalists of Ecuador
- Ecuadorian Cultural Center of Quito
- Union of American Women
- National Union of Ecuadorian Women
- In 1952 she received the "Ondas Azuayas" radio station's Poetry Recital Contest Prize.
- In 1973 the Municipality of Guayaquil awarded her the "Medal for Literary Merit" in recognition of her cultural and educational work.
- In 1976 the program Antena Pedagógica named her "Teacher of the Year".
- In 1996 she was awarded the First Class Cultural Merit Award, issued by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Ecuador.
- Camino sin Retorno (1953)
- Espacio y Luz (1961)
- Latitud Amarga (1968)
- Lauros de Guayaquil (1973)
- En los Horizontes del Paisaje Azul (1978)
- Perfiles Humanos, a collection of short stories previously published between 1956 and 1980
- Alba Eterna
- Páginas de Ayer
- Parcela Azul
- Cantos Dispersos
- Poemas Nada Más
- En el Peregrinaje